Thursday, November 22, 2012

Game Review - A Slower Speed of Light

I have played A Slower Speed of Light recently, so I would like to share the information about this game, how I felt while playing it, and so on, just like how I did on Game Review - MargaritaVille on Facebook.

What is A Slower Speed of Light?

A Slower Speed of Light is a game made by MIT Game Lab, which allows an user to control a character in a 3D world. The player is expected to pick up what are called 'orbs' that are spread out around the 3D world in the game. According to the site, it says:

A Slower Speed of Light is a first-person game prototype in which players navigate a 3D space while picking up orbs that reduce the speed of light in increments.
You can know how the game looks like by watching this video below:

Game Review

I personally found it very difficult to control... maybe that was because I was using a laptop with 4GB memory. (The official website actually recommends using pc or laptop with 8GB or more of memories) I thought the graphics of this game was not displayed properly;the game was very slow to react to the mouse movements.

I realized when I started for the first time, but the game does not adapt to mousepad movements, but only for an actual mouse.

However, I also thought the graphical and visual change by picking up more and more orbs made me surprised and amazed by this game. The more the player picks up the orbs, the more the speed of the character gets faster and the graphical change occurs more dramatically, and I thought this differentiates this game from other games, and that effect is the main characteristics of this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment